Saturday, November 27, 2010

Green Grocery Bag Challenge


After hearing about the possible link of lead in reusable grocery bags made in China, my heart just sank.  After finally getting so many people on board to shop with cloth bags it seemed to be a slap in the face for all the efforts.  However....there is a better way!  I was privileged to learn about the Green Bag Lady from a friend's blog about a year ago.  And now, Sew Mama Sew has put a challenge on the table...the sewing table that is.  Green Grocery Bag Challenge is a way for each of us to really use our resources and abilities to help out one gift at a time this Christmas season and beyond.  Check out all the highlighted links and learn more about this great idea.

ps.  I was fortunate enough to win a Green Bag Lady bag (#8321) for myself and one to give away to a friend last year. 

13,445 Green Bag Lady Bags Given Away!

Green Bag Lady bags are being used in 2415 cities in every U.S. state
plus 349 cities in 206 territories/provinces/countries world wide


It really has made an impact on me and my family to reuse bags and take along our own whenever possible.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this Stacy and spreading the word! You are fabulous! If you send me a photo of all the bags you make, I will post it on Green Bag Lady! Teresa

    ReplyDelete