Monday, April 4, 2011

Inspired by Cookbooks

There are always cookbooks and recipes waiting to be read or tried here at the Wright house. The picture below is a recent collection of cookbooks that Peyton and I picked up at the library.  Jamie Oliver is a fav of course, especially with his amazing work with the Food Revolution.  I can't wait to see the new season starting on April 12th on ABC.


Giada De Laurentiis and Ina Garten are two amazing ladies we love to watch on tv and get inspired by their many cookbooks too.  Martha Stewart's Cookies book is full of mouth watering photos.  All the kids have found recipes they want to bake.  We might  need to renew that one a few times just to have time to try them.   Next week in cooking class we'll be making Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins from a wonderful new cookbook called The Sono Baking Company Cookbook by John Barricelli.  I think I'll be adding this one to my kitchen wish list.  I had been searching for a recipe to prepare with my HSC kids for the spring semester to substitute for the Cranberry Apple Crisp we prepared in the fall.  The trickiest part to teaching cooking classes in about an hours time is it has to be prepped/prepared/cooked or baked all in that one hour!  So needless to say it can be a challenge.  But I have to say it is a very fun challenge.  I'll let you know how the Blueberry muffins turn out in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment